Yellow Maroon Berhampuri
- Berhampuri Patta (Phoda Kumbha) Saree & Joda facts from GI (Geographical Indications) Document- Berhampur patta was introduced at Berhampur town in 14th century AD by the Mohuri kings.
- It is known as ‘Silk City’ for its pure silk weaves.
- The weaving cost of product is 45% of total cost of production as 2 weavers engaged per throw shuttle pit loom for weaving of Phoda Kumbha (Temple Spire) at border.
- These sarees are popular for auspicious occasions like marriage, thread ceremonies, Lord Jagannath Temple festivals etc.
- Since 1980s, tie and dye anchal is introduced alongside traditional straight lines anchal (quintessential to Berhampuri Patta Saree).
- Weight : 633 gm, Length- 6.3 m, Width- 46 inches. Blouse piece: included in saree.